Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Days Like These


Some days you wake up knowing EXACTLY what kind of day you're in for. You wake up on the right or wrong side of the bed and it sets the tone for everything. 

 Today has me baffled...
 6:45am-- 5 minutes before my alarm goes off, I  hear Roommate Jen get in the shower, which irritates me, because there is no way she can take a shower in 5 minutes and this will cause me to run late.
6:50am--Jen gets out of the shower. I am amazed and have no excuse for running late.
6:52am--I get in the shower and stand under the water for way longer than normal because it is 13 degrees outside and I am cold. It feels amazing.
7:05am--I get out of the shower. I am now officially running late. 
7:15am--They're interviewing Mel Brooks on NPR! He's singing!
7:28am--I was distracted by Mel Brooks and now I'm running REALLY late
7:35am--I realize I should go start my car so I don'd die in the cold when I leave for work.
7:36am--I put my foot in my boot and step on something hard, pointy and painful. Closer inspection reveals its...a bottle of Goo Gone. 
7:36am--This is hilarious to me for some reason. 
7:40am--Coffee.....

When you start your morning with a bottle of Goo Gone mysteriously appearing in your shoes, there's really no predicting how your day will go. 

Happy Wednesday, everyone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment