Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Healthy, Wealthy and Wise

In a recent conversation with a friend, I admitted that I had never read a work of nonfiction unless it was for class.

It was kind of a depressing statement.

So while browsing the discount books on Kindle, I came across My Life in France aka the Julia Child memoirs and decided this was a great way to cheat the system. I could read some non-fiction, that was also non-serious, non-depressing and non-snoozeworthy.

I'm loving every page of it so far, but I'm seriously dreading my next non-fiction reads, which come courtesy of my book club. Team of Rivals: The Political Genius of Abraham Lincoln by Doris Kearns Goodwin which makes me want to brush up on my American history before I even crack it and then Guns, Germs and Steel by Jared Diamond that makes me tired just looking at it.

I don't think this non-fiction thing will take off for me, but at least I have Julia and Paul.

No word from the Detroit company yet. Things are awkward with the current boss. He wants an answer and I really want to give him one.

No comments:

Post a Comment