Tuesday, November 20, 2012

A Food Interlude (Pre-Thanksgiving)


If you work in an office, you know what this time of year means: FOOD EVERYWHERE! 
My office currently has 3 potlucks scheduled from now until the New Year and the number will probably just keep going up. 

Things I Love/Hate about "Food Days" in my office.

1. The eating begins promptly at 8:00 AM which means by 8:05 I have already eaten my weight in cookies AND Swedish meatballs. 

2. The area where the food is kept is on the other end of the building from my office. This means that I am far away from it (pro!), but every time I go down for a plate I have to parade it through the hallways with my weakness on full display (con!).

3. Whenever you bring something to these things you always hope it disappears really fast because that means word has gotten around that its good. There is nothing more shameful than having to take home a full 5 Layer Taco Dip because no one ate it. 

4. At least everyone else in the office is in a food coma by about 3:00 pm

I don't think I have to worry about #3 this time because I brought these amazing Creamy Pumpkin Pie Bars (recipe found here) and so far they are a big hit. As of noon, there are only 2 left. 
I do have to worry about #1, however. Here is the breakdown of my second plate of the morning. (As of noon, I am on plate 3)
Stay Hungry, my friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment