Monday, November 26, 2012

My Thanksgivings: Part 1, Grand Ledge, MI


You guys, this is what Thanksgiving should be like:

And that is what Thanksgiving was like in Grand Ledge. It was 100% traditional.
It was at my Grandmothers house. 
There was a ton of family.
There was a hungover cousin.
There were children.
They were sticky (CHILDREN ARE ALWAYS STICKY!)
It was loud.
It was great. 

The best part was Friday evening (we celebrated the weekend BEFORE real T-day since there were many schedules to juggle) when I arrived at my Grandma's house for a little 1-on-1 time before the madness began on Saturday. 

She wrote a book you guys. My grandma wrote a book! She had a book signing! I was so proud. 
My grandma is a historian and genealogist and her collection of postcards from Clinton County was published and I have an autographed copy. Its like I was hanging with a celebrity. 

Enjoy your family on Thanksgiving (even if they're crazy, loud and sticky). 
That is all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment