Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Sandwich Cookies


Back in December I was having drinks with Beth and Marcus, a couple I met through the Symphony Chorus I sing with. We were discussing my new iPhone 5 and Marcus was asking if it had a high quality camera. While he was messing with the phone he asked if he could flip through my photo album to see how some of the pictures turned out and I kind of...hesitated. 
The hesitation led to awkward panic on Marcus' part because, well I made it seem like my phone was full of naked pictures when REALLY its just full of food pictures*.

So yes, I catalog my food pretty faithfully on my iPhone. I swear I only Instagram like, 1/3 of it. 

I was flipping through my pictures yesterday and I noticed a theme...sandwich cookies! I have made 3 different types of sandwich cookies in the past 3 weeks. Who knew!? I certainly didn't realize it.

 First up were these heart shaped cookies for Valentine's Day. I am ashamed to say that I did go out and buy a heart shaped cookie cutter and therefore now I OWN a heart shaped cookie cutter (3, actually...they came in a 3 pack). However, I am NOT ashamed to say I tried really hard to make a few cookies that were hearts jaggedly cut in half, but it didn't work. Only happy cookies for V Day! 

Result: They taste like oreos in the best possible way. The recipe makes a TON of frosting, so you can be super generous with each cookie. 

Next up were these red velvet sandwich cookies. I had leftover cream cheese frosting and a spare box of red velvet cake mix from making cake bites for a friend's baby shower and these seemed like a win!
Result: They really weren't very good. I don't know if I never got the baking time right or what, but they were really dried out and hard. The frosting helped.

Last up were these Peanut Butter Sandwich Cookies that I made for my brother and his fiance after they had a rough week on the job hunt. There is nothing quite like nailing an interview only to get the impersonal letter of rejection. If we're being completely honest...not all of these made it into the mail...they were just toooooo good. 


Result: These are one of those cookies that are even better the next day. I will definitely make them again. Plus, they're so cute! 

I hope cookies cure all your ills this week! Happy Wednesday! 


*Ok, and romance novel book covers since its a hobby of mine to browse the Top Free 100 Books on Amazon daily and send the worst/best covers to my friend Erika. 

1 comment:

  1. Yay sandwich cookies! How many book cover pics do you have on there, anyway? Must be hundreds, right?

    ReplyDelete